Immerse your child in Cincinnati’s highly-acclaimed theater classes and camp program!
Our week long summer camp offerings are designed for children ages 5 – 15, with an advanced offering at the end of the summer for more experienced campers ages 10 – 17. Each camp week concludes with weekend performances for friends and family.
- Week 1: June 6-11 “THE VELVETEEN RABBIT” – Love is powerful but can it make the imaginary, real? Join the Velveteen Rabbit and the other nursery toys, as they decide what it is to truly be alive and loved.
- Week 2: June 13-18 “TREASURE ISLAND” – Set to our original musical score, follow Jim Hawkins as he confronts shipwrecks, sword fights, and fearsome pirates on his quest for buried treasure.
- Week 3: June 20-25 “LITTLE MERMAID” – Dive under the sea and explore the world of all your favorite sea creatures and one little mermaid who dreams of a life on land.
- Also Week 3: June 20-25 STAGE PRODUCTION – From casting to performance day duties, join the production team of Little Mermaid! Students will have the opportunity for enrichment in technical theater as our staff guides them through the creative process behind production, costume, set, and lighting design.
- Week 4: June 27-July 2 “PINOCCHIO” – When a lonely woodcarver wills a mischievous marionette named Pinnochio to life, it is up to a clever cricket and a fairy to guide the puppet through the perils of everyday life.
- Week 5: July 11-16 “CHRISTMAS CAROL IN JULY” – Scrooge is all things money and wealth and has little patience for peace, love, kindness or anything Christmas. Let’s get our Holiday spirit strong this July, and discover if three ghostly visitors can soften Scrooge’s heart!
- Week 6: July 18-23 “JUNGLE BOOK” – Mowgli is a man-cub raised by a pack of wolves in the jungle of India. His days are full of song and play as he learns lessons in life from his best friends Baloo the bear and Bagheera the panther. That is, until everything he loves is threatened by the tiger, Shere Khan.
- Also Week 6: July 18-23 PAGE TO STAGE – As a small group of writers, we will study the elements of storytelling, playwriting, and playwrights. Each camp day, students will learn about and discuss story structure, conflict, and building characters from scratch as we work towards completing a series of vignettes to be performed on the Saturday of our camp week. The students will also have the opportunity to perform their own work OR direct another actor in the performance of their written work.
- Week 7: July 25-30 “SNOW QUEEN” – Gerda must go on a dangerous and winding journey to rescue her best friend Kay from the Snow Queen who has frozen his heart and taken him to be her prince.
- Week 8: Aug 1-6 Advanced Workshop: “MACBETH” – (Ages 10-17) Our abridged and recontextualized version of The Scottish Play offers our seasoned students the challenge of performing one of Shakespeare and theatre’s greatest works. Please note that this play contains mature content and is meant for our older students. If your child is under the age of 10 and interested in participating, we ask that you contact us by email or phone for permission to enroll.
- Also Week 8: Aug 1-6 STAGE PRODUCTION – From casting to performance day duties, join the production team of Macbeth! Students will have the opportunity for enrichment in technical theater as our staff guides them through the creative process behind production, costume, set, and lighting design.
This unique program is designed to help the next generation discover their unique “place” in the arts. Our professional team of instructors and musicians work actively in the Cincinnati theater scene, and have assembled each summer for the past eleven years to create a very special theatrical experience for kids across the region. Each week features a different musical and script – all tailored to the needs of each individual participating student. We offer an open-enrollment program which encourages personal exploration and the opportunity for each child to see the world through the diverse lens of the performing arts.
Learn more and register…
IMPROV CINCINNATI: 2018 and BEYOND AT CPT on LUDLOW!
Saturday nights at Clifton Performance Theatre on Ludlow is Improv Cincinnati! Come out for the laughs!
LIKE WHAT WE DO? SUPPORT US!
We have several ways to support Clifton Players at the Clifton Performance Theatre:
- Use our Amazon Smile link when making your online purchases!
- Sponsor a single night show, a performer, a camper, or the entire season!
- Our Generosity campaign – supporting our general fund
- Via PayPal Giving Fund